Friday

Playin’ Hookey

Well, faithful readers, yet again I have lived to tell the tale. When I woke up this morning, I was relieved to learn that my innards had begun to solidify (you’ll be thrilled to learn, no doubt). In fact, I felt sooooooo good, I did the only thing a sane person would do in that situation.

I called in sick to work…

No spying, no lying today. Nope, Daddy’s staying home with his progeny. And what have we accomplished today?

We’ve watched cartoons. Lot’s of ‘em.

All frickin’ day.

Now, I’ve always been of the theory that any day in which you gain knowledge is a day worth living. And you know what? I’ve gained knowledge today. For today, I discovered Cartoon Network's Boomerang.

Does your cable or satellite provider have Boomerang? If not, call them up and demand it. If necessary, threaten them with physical violence until they provide it. Tell the cops I said it was okay when they kick your front door in.

Cause you got-ta' got-ta' haaaaave you some Boomerang.

What is Boomerang? It’s nothing but old school cartoons all day long. By old school, I mean Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Popeye, Scooby Doo, Speed Buggy (HAH! You had forgotten about Speed Buggy, hadn't you?)…you name it.

Now, I’m not a hater when it comes to new cartoons. I love the little guy who Lives in a Pineapple Under the Sea (Absorbent and Porous and Yellow is He) as much as the next emotionally underdeveloped male in his early thirties (and if you don’t know whose theme song that is…you DEFINITELY don’t have kids).

But there’s just no substitute for the classics.

For example, today I seized the opportunity to explain Reichenbach's Common Cause Principle to my toddler age children by utilizing the example of Popeye the Sailor Man.

Simply put, Reichenbach's Common Cause Principle states that a correlation between events A and B indicates either that A causes B, or that B causes A, or that A and B have a common cause.

This of course is evidenced by the fact that Popeye:

A). Is strong to the finich (effect)

- Because –

B). He eats his spinich (cause)

Furthermore, as Popeye appears to become strong to the finich each and every time he eats his spinach, we can rule out any possibility of anomalous causality.

Now, what I couldn’t explain is what would cause him to pick a fight with a man 2-3 times his size over what is arguably the ugliest woman to ever walk the face of the earth (no offense, Olive Oil).

But Daddy can’t know everything, can he?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

--> 

My Ecosystem Details