Tuesday

Captain’s Log - Supplemental

9:08 AM

Subject’s door opens. I hit the camera and get some film of him standing on the porch looking down the street…waiting for his package…you know, the one with the check in it (see previous post).

Hilarious.

10:19 AM

Speed Freak comes out on his porch and tries to look menacing while he smokes a cigarette. Might be more impressive if he weighed more than 150 lbs and had some teeth.

11:23 AM

Subject comes back out talking on the phone and looking down the street. He’s calling the number on his Caller ID trying to find out where his check is. I film him while I chuckle to myself thinking how the number he’s calling is telling him the call was from a calling card. PI’s use prepaid calling cards to mask their numbers when doing pretexts.

You’re now that much smarter for knowing that.

12:42 PM

Subject gives up on waiting for his package and goes to the grocery store. I throw on my sunglasses with the concealed wireless camera in them and follow him in. I score some thrilling footage of him in the produce isle squeezing melons (no, dirty mind…real melons).

Once he gets to the checkout line I abandon my cart full of items I was throwing in at random and head back to my surveillance vehicle. How cool must I have looked wearing sunglasses in the grocery store?

Don’t answer that.

1:32 PM

Subject returns home. I obtain video of him lifting a 50+ pound bag of dog food in spite of his debilitating back injury that has forced him out of work. What an animal lover he must be to endure such excruciating pain for Poochie. Especially since he claimed to be unable to lift more than 10 pounds.

He better hope that check comes, because his insurance benefits are about to come to a raging halt.

2:00 PM

Well, kiddos. The eight hours my client paid for are up. Time to head for the Ponderosa. Don’t you wish your day was as exciting as mine?

Was the sarcasm there obvious enough? Because I can reword it, if not….

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lol, this entry was soo damn interesting. I wish I could do all this.

Didnt the grocery keeper raise an eyebrow when you abandoned your cart full of goods? You must have a nerve to leave it and run out of the store.

Lol @ Melons, and stop picking on poor speed freek.

Waiting for next post. Thanks alot for such an exciting read.

3:17 AM  
Blogger Johnny Undercover said...

Grocery stores are the easiest place on earth to tail someone. They're usually staffed by kids who aren't that inquisitive. And having the same person behind you isle after isle is completely natural.

Wal-Marts are a different story, though. They have the elderly "greeters" out front, whose real job is to watch for shoplifters. Now THEY can make you life miserable.

6:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now I see. Here in the UK, theyre usualy staffed by older people, and they always keep an eye on everyone. I guess its different in America then.

Have you ever been caught, stopped and questioned about it?

3:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

more updates.

7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am looking for some good Net Detective resources for our ratings and review websites and believe it or not, yours popped up when I searched for "Net Detective" blogs. After reading your posts, I can see why Google led me to your site. Even though it's not what I am looking for, I'm glad I stopped long enough to read your posts. Just thought you'd like to know….. thanks

8:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Consider the power of being able to create incoming links to your site any time you want them...

8:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Johnny Undercover, I find it quite refreshing to occasionally find a article like yours with an familair topic such as this post. Its not was I was searching for but somehow ads to ones list of lifes experiences.

I have a soft spot for sites and blogs related to monitoring software and /or sites that have a central theme around monitoring software type items.

Once again, thank you Johnny Undercover, look forward see more posts from you in the future :-)

5:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed you blog about turnkey home based business. I also have a site about turnkey home based business which makes me appreciate this one even more! Keep up the good work!

1:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed you blog about cache memory. I also have a site about cache memory which makes me appreciate this one even more! Keep up the good work!

1:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Afternoon Johnny Undercover. Quite by accident I stumbled accross your post on this post. Refreshing comments like yours seem to somehow add to ones list of lifes experiences.

I find that blogs related to monitoring software that have a topic around monitoring software type items to be informative and sometimes entertaining.

Once again, thank you Johnny Undercover.

7:27 PM  
Blogger Ballpoint Wren said...

Very entertaining blog! I'm wondering why you quit writing it? You have a great style and I'd like to read more.

Also: you need to turn on the comment spam settings!

8:31 AM  
Anonymous Private investigation software fan said...

It is so true about the grocery store tailing. Then again if the person already knows you it doesn't work...except you can innocently say that you were just doing your weekly shopping. Thanks for the entertainment!

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

--> 

My Ecosystem Details