Saturday

"Today (day...day...), I feel (eel...eel), like the luckiest...

I got burned today.

Let me hip you to a little PI shop talk. "Got burned" means the subject caught wind of my state sanctioned stalking activities. He got wise. The jig was up, the news was out, they finally found me...

Now getting burned is fairly commonplace in this industry. Happens to the best of them (not that that has anything to do with me). Hey, it's HARD to follow someone around all day and not let them be upwind of your scent. Usually the subject will do a few quick U-turns, maybe pull over to the side of the road and watch you pass, yadda yadda.

Not this clown.

Nooooo, he wants to play Roscoe to my Bo Duke and run me 'plum outta Hazzard County. So off I go...Eastbound and down...with a highly agitated insurance claimant on my bumper. These things happen, but they're rare. Don't let The Rockford Files fool ya', there ain't all that much burned rubber in my job.

But there we were...face to face...a couple of Silver Spoons...

So anywho, I see a DPS unit under the next overpass in Full Lurk mode. I punched the Stealth 150 up to 85 in a 70, figuring my gentleman caller would either back down or nut up in front of Smokey. We blew by Los Federales like Burt Reynolds circa 1977, and the Christmas lights flared up in the rearview. I watched with more than my share of the giggles as my boy prepared himself for a Come to Jesus meeting with The Man...

Works every time...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Private Investigator Austin Texas said...

I hope the police officer was understanding. I would be afraid that I too would get a ticket. You didn't say exactly how it ended. Were you stopped to or did the police officer focus on your boy instead of you since he was behind you?

3:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

--> 

My Ecosystem Details