Monday

Everything I needed to know I learned from 'The Godfather'

[Starry Eyed and Adoring Wife has vowed to leave me if I subject her to one more Godfather I & II marathon. Maybe posting some of my favorite quotes will get it out of my system. Yeah...]

Producer Jack Woltz's tirade to Consigliere Tom Hagen:
"Johnny Fontane never gets that movie. That part is perfect for him, it'll make him a big star, and I'm gonna run him out of the business - and let me tell you why: Johnny Fontane ruined one of Woltz International's most valuable proteges. For five years we had her under training - singing lessons, acting lessons, dancing lessons. I spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on her, I was gonna make her a big star. And let me be even more frank, just to show you that I'm not a hard-hearted man, and that it's not all dollars and cents: She was beautiful; she was young; she was innocent. She was the greatest piece of ass I've ever had, and I've had 'em all over the world. And then Johnny Fontane comes along with his olive oil voice and guinea charm, and she runs off. She threw it all away just to make me look ridiculous! And a man in my position can't afford to be made to look ridiculous! "

Don Corleone to Bonasera the Undertaker:
"What have I ever done to make you treat me so disrespectfully? If you'd come to me in friendship, then this scum that ruined your daughter would be suffering this very day. And if by chance an honest man like yourself should make enemies, then they would become my enemies. And then they would fear you. "

Michael confronting his brother-in-law Carlo about Sonny's murder:
"You have to answer for Santino, Carlo...You fingered Sonny for the Barzini people. Ahh, that little farce you played with my sister. You think that could fool a Corleone?"

Don Corleone talking to Michael about his future:

Don Corleone: "I never wanted this for you. I work my whole life...I don't apologize...to take care of my family, and I refused to be a fool, dancing on the string held by all those bigshots. I don't apologize,that's my life...but I thought that, that when it was your time, that you would be the one to hold the string. Senator Corleone...Governor Corleone. "

Michael: "Another pezzonovante."

Don Corleone: "Well, this wasn't enough time, Michael. It wasn't enough time. "

Michael: "We'll get there, Pop. We'll get there."

[And my absolute all time favorite quote...EVER:]

Sonny Corleone to Michael after learning he'd enlisted following Pearl Harbor:
"Whaddid ya', go to college to get stupid? You're really stupid!"

[Sonny Corleone, baby...Sonny F'n Corleone!]

5 Comments:

Anonymous orange county private investigator said...

Ah, absolutely classic! Thanks for sharing

3:12 PM  
Anonymous sharpdetectives said...

Pakistan Local Detective Agency,Private Investigator in pakistan,Detectives Agency in pakistan,Private Investigators in pakistan,Detectives in pakistan,Private Investigator Agency in pakistan

4:49 AM  
Anonymous Private Investigator said...

I really enjoy visiting your blog! your interesting system to see things is what keeps me interested. Thanks so much!!!!

10:19 AM  
Anonymous Frederick16 said...

This is a great blog. I am pretty much impressed with your good work, Thanks for the wonderful post
Best Detectives in Hyderabad

5:32 AM  
Blogger SNIPAX INDIA PRIVATE LIMITED said...

Detective Agency In Mumbai
Detective Agency Mumbai
Detective Agencies In Mumbai
Detective Agencies Mumbai
Detective Services In Mumbai
Prematrimonialinvestigation
postmatrimonialinvestigation
Detective In Mumbai
DetectiveS In Mumbai
Investigation Agency In Mumbai
Private Detective Agency In Mumbai
Detective Agency Mumbai
Detective Agency
https://snipaxinvestigation.blogspot.com/
Detective Agency In Mumbai

12:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

--> 

My Ecosystem Details