Sunday

Never Duel With a Londoner

I had this e-mail exchange with Charles from London over the past week. Watch how deftly he extracts an answer from me in spite of myself. How we ever managed to outmaneuver the British, I’ll never know.

Charles is the Q, I’m the A. Good show, old man:

Q: “Mr Investigator, I read your blog in the UK. I’m curious, what is your position on the Iraq War?”

A: Hi. Actually, it’s Mr. Undercover. Investigator is what I put on all those tax returns I don’t file. Mt position on the Iraq War is approximately 2,000 miles West/Northwest of it. Dallas, TX. Present weather conditions 71 degrees, partly cloudy skies.

[Apparently redneck sarcasm doesn’t translate well across the pond, because he persists:]

Q: “Mr. Undercover, I understand your physical location, but what are your thoughts on the war? Did you serve in the military for example?”

A: Hello Again. No, I did not serve in the military. Unless you count the KISS Army, in which case I was a Commander in the Peter Criss Brigade. Even then, the Gene Simmons Marines got all the glory. Is there a reason you ask?

Q: “Yes. You seem to have political leanings in your writings. I wanted to know where you stood on the issue.”

A: Actually, the blog is mostly about my job. Any political or topical postings occur strictly because I find them amusing. I don’t find war amusing. Quite the opposite.

[‘Quite the opposite’? Note that I’m lapsing into British mannerisms throughout the course of the exchange. He’s already won this battle, my minions…]

Charles responds:

Q: “So you are against the conflict then?”

[Aaaaaaaahhh! Did I say that?]

A: Aaaaaaaahhh! Did I say that? I said I don’t find war amusing and therefore not appropriate material for what is basically a satirical blog. I leave warblogging to those better suited to discuss it. I can recommend a few if you like.

Q: “Not necessary. Easy enough to find those. Thought you might have an interesting take on it.”

A: Fair enough. Now that you’ve gotten me curious, what’s yours?

Q: “Mine? Mine can be summed up in one sentence. War is never the answer.”

A: That would depend largely on the question, I imagine.

Q: “That’s your position then?”

A: I guess so. [DAMN! I walked right into that!] Can I post these e-mails to the blog?

Q: “You’re going to do it regardless of my answer, aren’t you? Why ask?”

A: The appearance of civility. Take care, Charles.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Private Investigator said...

I really enjoy visiting your blog! your interesting system to see things is what keeps me interested. Thanks so much!!!!

10:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

After all, if the look of the bag is identical and the reproduction is of high quality, replica watches uk there is no reason for one to pay a significant amount of extra cash for the brand, louis vuitton replica especially when you don’t have the provide it and it means a great financial effort from your part. chanel replica Things taken into consideration, the market for cheap reproduction purses from famous designers like Louis Vuitton or Hermes or Prada has been constantly growing during the last ears and continues to grow, strongly supported by the online environment and web shopping trend. rolex replica More and more women all over the world are falling animals to cheap prices and discounts for perfectly looking bags that are identical with top designs from famous fashion labels. replica watches As a result, the internet is now filled with web stores that sell replicas, which has made it somewhat difficult for girls to choose, as when it comes to web stores, due to know which one is reliable and which one is not.

1:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

--> 

My Ecosystem Details